Adult Bible Fellowships
Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs) begin on Sunday, September 17, from 9-10:10am. A variety of classes will be offered for people of all ages and stages of their spiritual journey. All are welcome, so don’t miss this great opportunity to grow and meet some new people! If you would like to learn more about adult education at Pearce, contact Laura Cockrell at email@example.com.
- 1 John: James Kerwin and Rod Bassett, facilitators. Bible study and discussion on the book of 1 John. Classes will be designed to work through the book chapter by chapter, with accompanying outside resources to guide the discussion. The focus will be to have a life-changing encounter with God’s Word from the book of 1 John. Please join us for stimulating conversation, satiating refreshments, in an environment of openness and fun. (Room 81, lower education wing).
- Applying a Biblical Worldview to Current Events: Ron Follansbee, facilitator. A discussion-based class that will relate topics that are in the news with relevant Scripture. The focus will be on how to apply the Bible to everyday life. Come join us as we learn and fellowship together. (Room 139, education wing)
- Ephesians: Matthew Kerwin, facilitator. This class is geared toward young adults, but all are welcome to join us this fall as we explore the book of Ephesians. Come prepared to dialogue with others as we unpack how this letter of Paul should be understood and applied to our lives. Refreshments are provided every week; we look forward to seeing you! (Room 138, education wing)
- Psalm 119 and the Message of the Gospel: Bill Roushey, facilitator. Our class will embark on a study of Psalm 119, comparing it to the words of Jesus Christ found in the Gospels. We will be incorporating video footage, commentary, and class discussion to further our understanding of the text. Come and experience the words of the Psalmist, “Nothing is perfect except your words. Oh, how I love them. I think about them all the day long.” (Psalm 119:96-97 TLB) (Room 141, education wing)
- Faith Connections Lessons: Rick Kinde, facilitator. Scripturally-based lessons using WordAction’s Faith Connections curriculum with study guide. Lessons this Fall will focus on the Trinity, Humanity Beyond the Fall, and Life in the Church. (Friendship Center)