Journey of Hope Cancer Support Group
Journey of Hope provides support for anyone who has been touched by cancer. We welcome cancer patients and their family members. It is our hope and prayer that each monthly meeting will offer strength, encouragement, and guidance through our faith in Christ.
- To offer hope through the Scriptures, testimonies, prayer, and Christian guidance.
- To provide a caring place to connect with others who have been impacted by cancer.
- To share information on living with cancer.
- To offer activities that can enrich the participants’ life.
Schedule and Leadership
- Journey of Hope meets on the last Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in the Friendship Center at Pearce Church.
- Each group session will be led by Dr. Rob Thomson, a family physician, Pastor Harold Scott, Dr. Cheryl Crotser, Ester Skiff, and Sherri Foley.
The monthly “Journey of Hope” sessions will include some of the following components:
- Encouragement from the Scriptures
- Guest speaker from area cancer or health care professional organization
- A personal story of someone touched by cancer
- Group sharing/discussion and prayer
Winter & Spring 2013
The summer 2013 Journey of Hope Cancer Support meetings will focus on the following topics:
- June 26 – “Recipe for Healthy Living”
- July 31 – Ice cream social and game night
- August 28 – “Art Therapy”
- September 25 – “Role of Music Therapy”- Dr. Bryan Hunter
For more information, contact Harold Scott ~ Community Care Pastor
(585) 594-9488 or Scott_Harold@pearcechurch.org