“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
About Stephen Ministry
Stephen Ministries is a trans-denominational organization that is committed to serving the caring ministry needs of congregations around the world. Learn more about Stephen Ministries St. Louis (http://www.stephenministries.org/).
Pearce Church has been a participating congregation since 1997 and has been blessed with many individuals with excellent listening skills and caring hearts.
Stephen Ministry is available for those who are facing overwhelming needs for care: hospitalization, grieving, suffering, loneliness or discouragement, divorce or separation, unemployment, accidents, and the list goes on and on. Stephen Ministers provide one-on-one confidential, Christian care to people going through a difficult time.
“Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.” Romans 12:15
About Stephen Ministers and Leaders
Stephen Ministers …
- listen, care, encourage, pray and walk alongside someone struggling with a life crisis.
- typically meet with their care receiver, one-on-one, for one hour on a weekly basis.
- are individuals who the Lord has gifted to care for others.
- receive 50 hours of initial training.
- participate in peer-supervision once a month.
- are assigned a care receiver of the same gender.
- receive continuing education throughout the year to strengthen their care-giving skills.
- have often gone through hard experiences themselves and wish to support others.
- maintain the confidentiality of their care receiver.
- receive an additional week-long training to help guide and lead their team of Stephen Ministers.
- facilitate peer-supervision.
- support and encourage Stephen Ministers in their caring relationships.
- connect a person who needs support with a Stephen Minister.
Our current Stephen Leaders are Pastor Jeremy Kelly, Rev. David Carden, Scott Lewis, and Kim Brittin.
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, as indeed you are doing.” I Thessalonians 5:11
What’s Happening Now?
Our Stephen Ministers are meeting with their care receivers (persons needing care) on a regular basis, along with meeting once a month to share, support, and encourage one another in peer supervision groups.
Interested in joining our caring team? The leadership team is currently seeking individuals who are passionate about caring for others and are interested in training and becoming a Stephen Minister. If you would like to become a Stephen Minister, please fill out an Application and schedule a meeting to meet with a Stephen Leader.
Get Connected–Please Contact
If you are interested in receiving care and support from Stephen Ministry, please contact:
Jeremy Kelly, Pastor of Community Care
Tel: (585) 594-9488
Fax: (585) 594-0223