May 9, 2013
Some exciting events are coming soon in the life of the children’s ministry at Pearce. One event is our Youth Membership/Baptism Sunday. I just finished interviews with the 5th and 6th graders who are joining the church in youth membership and/or being baptized. It is such an honor to hear stories of their love for God, what they are learning and how they have come to know Jesus in a personal way. Below are some of the words they have expressed to me of their walk with Jesus in preparation for May 12, 2013.
- “I fully and truthfully believe in Christ.”
- “I know I am a Christian because I have asked Jesus into my heart.”
- “I know that God sent His son to earth, to work wonders and die to give us a pathway to heaven.”
- “I asked Jesus into my heart and want to follow His Word.”
- “God has worked in my life by giving me a chance to let a friend learn who Christ is and bring her to Christ.”
- “I asked Jesus into my heart at VBS.”
A second event in the life of children’s ministry at Pearce is VBS 2013. We have been preparing since January. The west wing of Parmeter is filling up with supplies for the week-long event. It is exciting to think what God has in store this June for all those involved; kids as well as volunteers! We would love to have you join the team. We are in need of lots of crew leaders. You can talk to me (Pastor Kathy) or Julie Bailey about how you can best serve. There are volunteer forms at the display desk in the foyer. Come sign up and be a part of kids learning that trusting God helps us stand strong!
A special thanks to all of you who work and pray for the kid’s ministry at Pearce. Your impact is an eternal one!