VBS Jungle Safari 2014 was a fantastic week at Pearce! I want to thank all of you who volunteered, gave, and prayed. Your servant hearts made the week a great success! I want to share a bit of what I have heard through the grapevine here at church. A Pearce mom shared with me how pleased one parent was that her kids came home every day telling her not only how much fun they had, but what they actually had learned about God. Another mom was overheard saying, “This is the best program I’ve ever seen.” Fourteen of our 5th and 6th graders indicated they received Jesus in their heart for the very first time. In reading the kids’ response cards this year, so many expressed their love for Jesus and their desire to follow Him. The written prayers are precious to read. Please continue to pray for the kids who came to VBS, that they would carry with them all that they have learned and be encouraged by the friends they have here at Pearce. Thank you again for another year of VBS that touched the hearts of many kids and glorified God!
I am excited to say that our Sunday school and Wednesday night programs will start before you know it—please be praying! I am in need of many teachers and helpers to make our kids ministry programs a safe and fun learning environment. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give me a call letting me know how you would like to serve.
Here is a brief overview of what to expect this fall:
- Beginning September 14, children’s Sunday school classes will be offered for children age 2-6th grade. Classes will run from 9-10:15am.
- Kids Worship will be offered during the 10:30am worship hour for 4-year-olds and children in Kindergarten, and will be held in the blue room of the nursery wing. Signs will be posted to help you find your way. This is another big change for this ministry. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- First-sixth graders will have the privilege of worshiping with their families in the main Sanctuary during the 10:30am worship service. Kid’s bags will be provided during this worship hour.
- Our new Wednesday night program, for grades K-6, will be called “Camp Wednesday” and will meet from 6:30-8pm each week, starting September 10. Grades K-4 will meet in Parmerter, grades 5-6 will meet in the Fellowship Hall. The night will begin with an hour of crafts and games—a time for the kids to let out some energy and have fun with their friends. From 7:30-8pm, everyone will gather together around a campfire (a fake one!) to sing camp songs, have a devotional time, and pray together.
- Rehearsals for this year’s kids’ Christmas musical will start on Saturday, September 13, 9am-11am in Parmerter. If you haven’t already done so, there is still time to register your child! I am taking registrations right up to the first practice. Registration forms are available at the Pearce lobby reception desk, or you can download one here.
Thank you for your prayers and support of our kid’s ministry programs. Please contact me if you want to join the team!