Hi friends! Pearce has the privilege again this year to host the Genesis Annual Conference on Thursday & Friday, May 24 & 25. Everyone is invited to join any of the sessions during the day and the Ordination Service on Thursday evening. You can find the full schedule of events at genesisfmc.com
Earlier this week, Superintendent Pam Braman put out a request to all Genesis Conference churches to begin praying for this year’s Annual Conference, and she included a prayer guide that is listed below. We, as a church, are invited to pray, and even fast, during this ten-day period leading up to Annual Conference. It’s an invitation to pray for our own lives, the life of our church, and our denomination. Let’s accept the invitation and pray together that in the coming year, and beyond, we will reach people who don’t yet know Jesus!
When we gather together for Annual Conference, those who come represent the Free Methodist Church in our region. How we respond to what the Lord is saying to us will impact our churches and regions for the year to come (or longer). With that in mind, will you pray—and ask others to pray—for our Annual Conference gathering on May 24-25. Consider fasting some time during this 10-day period as well. Thank you.
Pre-Annual Conference Prayer Guide
- May 14: Sound the Call. Read Joel 2:12-19 and 2 Chronicles 7:11-15. We enter 10 days of prayer and fasting. We seek the Lord. We humble ourselves, listening for what He has for us.
- May 15: Read Psalms 73:25-26 and Psalms 139:23-24. Ask for the Lord to search and test you. Is there anything to make right between you? Any place to change direction?
- May 16: Overcome Barriers, Part 1. Read Matthew 6:14-15, Galatians 5:19-21 and Ephesians 4:31. Is there any bitterness, strife, hatred, unforgiveness or selfishness in your life or the life of your church that is a barrier between you, the Lord, others? Confess it to Him, and make it right with others.
- May 17: Overcome Barriers, Part 2. Read Revelation 3:15-20, Luke 19:20-23, and Luke 17:12-19. Confess personal and church apathy, luke-warmness, fear, or ungratefulness.
- May 18: Overcome Barriers, Part 3. Read Matthew 13:13-16, Ephesians 4:30, and 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21. Are there ways you are grieving or quenching the Holy Spirit? Ask the Lord to reveal it and repent.
- May 19: Overcome Barriers, Part 4. Read 1 Corinthians 10:14, 18-21 and Joshua 6:18, 7:1, 7:10-12. Is there anything in your life that comes before following the Lord? Ask the Lord to reveal it, then confess it.
- May 20: Day of Repentance & Fasting. Throughout the day, read: Daniel 9:1-19 and 1 Samuel 1:10-17. Two prayers of those who were desperate for God. How do they reflect your desire to see God at work?
- May 21: Praying for the Harvest. Matthew 9:35-10:1, Ephesians 6:18-20. Pray for those you know who don’t yet know Jesus. Pray that you will have opportunities to show and tell them about the Lord. Pray for your church to reach people who don’t yet know Jesus.
- May 22: Praying for Faith and Power. Mark 11:22-25, Acts 4:16-31, Acts 1:8, and Joel 2:28-32a. Pray for faith and power for you, for your church, for our Conference, for our denomination.
- May 23: Praying for Timing and Favor. Nehemiah 1:1-4, 11, 2:1-6 and Esther 4:12-14. Pray for God’s timing, as well as His favor, open doors, and leading.
- May 24: Praying for Surrender. Luke 22:41-43 and Luke 1:34-38. Meet with others from Conference to pray together at 12:30pm at Pearce Church.