Fall is coming! We are looking forward to our new ministry year starting up in about one month. You may not be ready to think about summer ending (we aren’t either!), but just add these dates to your calendar for now and we’ll give you more information as they get closer…and enjoy these last few weeks of summer!
- September: If you are in your 20s and early 30s, and you are not already in a small group, contact Pastor Chris to find out more about getting plugged into a group. The 20s @Pearce groups will be launching in September!
- September 9, Combined 11am Worship Service: Ephaste, director of International Childcare Ministries Rwanda and our primary contact in Nzige, will be visiting with us in early September. He’ll be arriving Saturday evening, September 8. He won’t be able to make the Saturday service, but he will be with us all morning on Sunday, September 9. We are so excited about this, we’re combining our services that day to allow us to all be together. We’re still working out the details and will pass those on as they are finalized. For now, just remember that the combined service will start at 11am that Sunday (September 9), and you won’t want to miss it!
- September 9: We’re starting this school year with a new night for teen ministries! Journey Teens will gather on Sunday evenings from 6-8pm (instead of Wednesday nights). Teens in 5th-12th grade will meet at the church in different locations; keep reading this NEUs issue to find out more.
- September 12: Wednesday evening Savory Suppers begin. Jim Heeks will again be offering delicious dinners each Wednesday (4:30-6:30pm), September 12-October 24. Ticket and menu information will be available soon.
- September 12: Come to Friendship Center at 6:30pm on Wednesday, September 12, for an opportunity to get to know Ephaste better. Pastor Wally will host the evening discussion with Ephaste and allow time for your questions, too.
- September 15 & 16: This will be our fall ministry kick-off weekend! Services will resume our normal schedule: 5pm Saturday, 9 & 11am Sunday. This weekend will also be our official new logo “reveal,” and we’ll have some fun giveaways available to share our new look. All services will end with a light reception to celebrate being back together after a relaxing summer.
- September 15: Journey Kids (birth-5th Grade) begins September 15 at 9, 10, and 11am. Adult Journey Groups begin, too, at 10am. Adults, look for a listing of what will be offered later this month. Keep reading this NEUs issue to learn more about Journey Kids.