My heartfelt thanks to each of you who have shared with me your prayerful longing to see our church filled with the lifegiving sounds of children! So many of you have expressed your support and willingness to get involved and help see this dream come to life once again. (more…)
Trust! Broken trust. Betrayed trust. Proven trust. Confident trust. Trust is an essential part of healthy relationships. But what is the importance of trust in our relationship with our God of unfailing love? What is it like to learn to trust God’s voice?
You’re invited this weekend (May 26/27) as we unpack words of love and hope about the invitation from our God of unfailing love to trust in the power of His voice. We hope you will join us this weekend and on the journey to a joyful, confident, trusting faith in our God of unfailing love!
Come help us get our new kids’ wing ready for the fall by helping us paint the upper education wing in bright, fun colors! We’ll be painting on Wednesdays from 6-9pm, beginning May 30. It will be a time of painting and also praying for the kids who will be ministered to in these rooms. Contact Pastor Kayleigh with questions at Schumske_kayleigh@pearcechurch.org.
We will welcome Bryan Wittman into membership at Pearce during our Saturday evening service on May 26.
Are you looking for something fun to do this summer? Starting Friday, June 1, join Chris and Janelle O’Brien at their home each Friday at 7pm for campfires, snacks, and laughs. This is a great opportunity to build community. Invite friends! We hope to see you there! Where? 10 Straub Rd. Rochester, NY 14626 (They live in the gray house on the corner of Long Pond Road and Straub Road.)
Are you retired and looking for fellowship? Consider joining the Golden Heirs for a “picnic” lunch on Monday, June 11, at noon. The menu is sloppy joes created by our famous chef, Jim Heeks. We love to hear music and Pastor Val Fowler will have his guitar to help us enjoy songs we remember. We look forward to seeing you in the Friendship Center on June 11! Cost is $5. If you have questions or need a ride please call Alberta Anderson 594-2667. No reservations necessary, just come and join us.
As we have studied and prayed, we have observed that we have far more children in the building during our worship hours on Sunday morning than in our traditional “Sunday School hour.” With that in mind, we are working on a new schedule for Sunday mornings this fall. Our Traditional Worship service would be from 9-10am. We would then have a half-hour of coffee and conversation, from 10-10:30am. Our Contemporary Worship service would be from 10:30-11:30am.
Here are a few more details of how this might work:
- Each of these two Sunday morning worship services would begin with the whole family together in worship. Just before the message, our children would be excused for Journey Kids in our newly renovated space on the upper level of the current education wing. Journey Kids would be offered for both services.
- Since there will be no stand-alone Sunday School hour in between the worship services, we will offer our adult Journey Group Sunday classes during both services. The good news is that this allows us to maximize space, using available classrooms twice on Sunday mornings. The challenge is that each class will now have to choose their primary worship service.
- Some classes may choose to attend the Traditional Worship service at 9am so that they can have their class at 10:30am.
- Other classes may choose to attend the Contemporary Worship service at 10:30am so that they can have their class at 9am.
- For families who engage in both worship service times, we will be offering Club Journey Kids—a fun place for kids whose parents have chosen to participate in an adult Journey Group or service opportunity during that particular service time. Club Journey Kids will also be available at both service times so that we can care for all our families!
We will be sharing more information as we get closer to the Fall Kick-off! Thank you for your prayers. If you have questions or concerns, you may contact Pastor Roger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VBS 2018—Amped: Live Fully Alive, June 25-28
Download a registration form: Child Registration
- Kids: Kids who are currently in Preschool-5th grade are invited to join us for a summer of extreme fun discovering how God wants us to be overloaded with confidence in Him! Find registration forms at the atrium Information Kiosk or download one above.
- Everyone Else: Anyone—kids currently in 6th grade, teens, college students, and adults—are also invited to join the fun and ministry of VBS! We are looking to fill many volunteer opportunities, including Small Group Leaders. Small Group Leaders get to be the primary disciple maker for a group of up to 10 kids. You’ll stay with the same group all week, encouraging spiritual growth, relationships, and discussion. Find volunteer registration and screening forms at the atrium Information Kiosk, along with a list of volunteer job descriptions. If you have an interest in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you! Contact Krys Merriam at email@example.com with questions or interest.
- Decorating Needs: This year’s decorating style will be extreme sports and garage industrial. We’re hoping to borrow some items to use for that purpose. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Chain link fence (3-8 ft. sections)
- Corrugated metal panels (3-8 ft. sections)
- Hub caps
- License plates
- Roller blades
- Skate boards
- Knee/elbow pads
- Bike tires/rims
- Wood or metal crates/boxes
- Cement blocks or bricks
If you have items to donate, please contact Annette Miriam at 820-1796 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to label all items so they are returned to the correct owner. Items can be brought to the church any time between June 9-20, when the building is open. Items will be available to pick up on June 28, in the afternoon.
- Supply Donations: This weekend, we will begin accepting supply donations for the week of VBS. Stop by the VBS kiosk to see what is needed and sign up for what you can bring. We also have a list of needs on Amazon. Flyers with information on how to order those items is also at the kiosk.
In observance of Memorial Day, the church office and building will be closed on Monday, May 28.
Regular office hours (8am-5pm) resume on Tuesday, May 29.
Beginning Friday, June 1, through Friday, August 31, the church office will close at noon on Fridays.
We are looking to hire a full-time graphic specialist who is proficient in Adobe Suite programs; has strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills; and is willing to help where needed. The Graphic Specialist will join our communications team primarily to develop with excellence the Pearce image as we strive to look, live, and love like Jesus. If you are interested, send your resume to Honna Curtis, Executive Administrator, at email@example.com. The deadline for resume submissions is Friday, June 1.