The Dementia Caregivers Support Group meets on the third Tuesday of each month. Bring your lunch with you or buy a cup of soup at Common Grounds Café. If you are providing care for a family member who has dementia, this group can be a great source of caring, understanding, and support. For more information, call Mary Lou Bates at 594-2232.
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December 18
- January 15
- February 19
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
Grief Care Group provides ongoing support to people who have experienced loss through death. Led by Janet Bratt, Grief Care meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month, from 6:30-8pm in the Parlor. This group is open to the community. If you have any questions, please contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 4, 10
- October 2, 16
- November 6, 20
- December 4, 18
- January 1, 15
- February 5, 19
- March 5, 19
- April 2, 16
- May 7, 21
- June 4, 18
- July 2, 16
- August 6, 20
Overflow-College Ministry Overflow Schedule:
- 14th & 18th: Make-your-own Wraps at Pearce’s Common Grounds Café (6-8pm)
- 14th: Worship Night at Pearce—meet in the café at 6pm for food then Parmerter Chapel for worship (6-8pm)
- 20th: 5pm Pumpkin Carving at the O’Brien’s house (2810 S. Union Street, Rochester 14624) followed by a Haunted Hayride at Verhulst Halloween Hayride (Spencerport, NY)—cost is $8 per person, RSVP by October 15
- 28th/November 1st: Baked Ziti at Pearce’s Common Grounds Café (6-8pm)
- 31st: Fall Into Fun event at Pearce
Stay connected with us on social media to hear about these special events: (search: Overflow- College Ministry on Facebook; Overflowcollege on Twitter and Instagram). Want to join our mailing list or have any questions? Contact Pastor Chris at email@example.com. Or if you prefer texts over emails, text “College” to 68398.
Fall Into Fun, sponsored by Pearce and Pearce 4 Kids, is coming to Pearce Wednesday, October 31, 6:30-8pm. We’ll have bounce houses, games, and snacks in the gym. New this year, Trunk or Treat in our Orchard Street parking lot! There are lots of ways you can get involved in making this a memorable night for families at Pearce and Pearce 4 Kids. Come-and-go; wear a costume if you’d like (no scary/violent costumes, please). Parents must stay with their children; it will be great fun for everyone! As mentioned last week, this all-church community outreach event needs everyone on board to make it happen. You can jump into the fun at many levels:
- Decorate your trunk, fill it with candy, dress up, and hand out the candy
- Help monitor the bounce houses
- Greet families as they enter our building
- Help direct traffic in the parking lot, and direct kids around our Orchard St. parking lot
- Help families cross Orchard St.
We’ll also be collecting candy, because you can never have too much candy! And you can donate donut holes and apple cider. Stop by the lobby table this weekend to see all that’s available and sign-up to help. If you have questions, contact Pastor Kayleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pearce is again joining with Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse. For 25 years, they have been collecting shoe boxes filled with gifts and delivering them to children in need all over the world. Beginning October 20 & 21, we’ll have shoe boxes available to pick up and return to Pearce filled with gifts. To get the shoe boxes ready for pick-up, we’re having a box making party on Monday, October 15, at 6:30pm in the main lobby, near the reception desk. The more people we have helping to assemble the boxes, the faster it will go. No need to sign up, just come to the lobby that night. Then, look for the table in the lobby on October 20 & 21 and pick up a box or two (or more!) to fill. You’ll be providing a very special gift to a child, and you will be blessed along the way, too. What a great way to serve our world! To learn more about Operation Christmas Child, visit https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
Have you noticed people wearing t-shirts with the new Pearce logo in services lately? Do you wish you had one, too? Now you can! If you’d like to order a Pearce t-shirt, email Kim Mantegna at email@example.com with the number of shirts you’d like, and sizes. All sizes are unisex adult sizes, from XS-XXXL. Cost is $9 per shirt ($11 for XXL, $13 for XXXL). Imagine wearing that shirt out in the community—when someone asks about it, you can tell them about Pearce and invite them to church.
We are privileged to host the Genesis Conference OneDay Event on Thursday, October 18, from 9:30am-3:30pm. This year’s theme is Power—do we understand and use the spiritual power that the Lord has given us? The day will consist of TED-style talks in the morning, and workshops in the afternoon on topics like Power of Prayer, Ending Human Trafficking, and Power of Technology. The Pearce family is invited to attend any of these sessions. You can learn more at http://www.genesisfmc.com/one-day-october-2018/
We find community in and through our Journey Groups, where we seek to live this out whether through a Sunday Class or a Small Group meeting during the week. You are invited to “Know, Grow, and Go” as we build life changing relationships with our God and one another! If you would like to find a group meeting during the week, contact Pastor Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Morning Journey Groups, 10-10:50am at Pearce:
- Jeremiah & Lamentations: the prophet Jeremiah observed a potter at work molding a misshaped pot into one that seemed best to him. During this observation, the Lord spoke to Jeremiah, telling him that He could do in the life of Israel what the potter could do with a marred pot—shape it into what it was intended to be. The great news is that God’s message to Jeremiah rings true for us today. Join this study of the Old Testament books of Jeremiah and Lamentations using the Faith Connections Study Guide. (Rick Kinde, facilitator; Friendship Center)
- Bible Explorers: studying the book of Joshua and Joshua’s relevance to Christians (Bill Roushey, facilitator; Room 82)
- Son Seekers: studying Ephesians 4-6 and Titus, observing and applying God’s message to our lives through prayer, fellowship, and engaging conversations (Rod Bassett/James Kerwin, facilitators; Room 81)
- FOCUS: watching and discussing “Follow,” a video series with Andy Stanley—a transformational journey through the gospels as Andy traces Jesus’ teaching on what it means to follow-and prepare to see your faith radically changed (Shelly Bliss, facilitator; Room 251)
- 20-somethings: centered around the book, Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright; discussion will be grounded in the ideas of hope, heaven, and the mission of the church—outside reading is not required! (Matt Kerwin, facilitator; Loft B, teen area)
If you are in your 20s and early 30s and you are not already in a small group, contact Pastor Chris to find out more about getting plugged into a group.
- Wednesday, October 17, we’ll meet at Pearce’s Common Grounds Café from 6-8pm for Make Your Own Wraps.
Want to join our mailing list or have any questions? Contact Pastor Chris at email@example.com. Or if you prefer texts over emails, text “20sgroup” to 68398.
Later this fall, we will be ordering new giving envelopes. If you do not currently receive giving envelopes and would like to have a set for 2019, please contact our Executive Administrator, Honna Curtis, by Friday, October 19. If you currently receive envelopes, but do not want a new set for 2019, please let us know, and we will maintain your giving number without ordering you a new set of envelopes.