Trust! Broken trust. Betrayed trust. Proven trust. Confident trust. Trust is an essential part of healthy relationships. But what is the importance of trust in our relationship with our God of unfailing love? What is it like to learn to trust God’s voice?
You’re invited this weekend (May 26/27) as we unpack words of love and hope about the invitation from our God of unfailing love to trust in the power of His voice. We hope you will join us this weekend and on the journey to a joyful, confident, trusting faith in our God of unfailing love!
We are looking to hire a full-time graphic specialist who is proficient in Adobe Suite programs; has strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills; and is willing to help where needed. The Graphic Specialist will join our communications team primarily to develop with excellence the Pearce image as we strive to look, live, and love like Jesus. If you are interested, send your resume to Honna Curtis, Executive Administrator, at email@example.com. The deadline for resume submissions is Friday, June 1.
We are looking for a part-time (28 hours/week) Social Media Specialist who can build strong online communities through our Facebook account, create a presence on other social media platforms, and expand our reach. The Social Media Specialist will join our communications team to develop and administer social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between Pearce and our community as we strive to look, live, and love like Jesus. Additional tasks will include helping to keep our website up-to-date, weekly MailChimp mailings, and video editing. Knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform is required. If you are interested, send your resume to Honna Curtis, Executive Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for resume submissions is Friday, June 1.
Journey Kids is for kids in K-6th grade and meets in Parmerter Chapel (our temporary location), at 10am. Journey Kids is where kids come together for a large group worship experience and where K-5th graders are connected to small group leaders who will journey with them as they grow to look, live, and love like Jesus. Sixth graders are learning to serve as leaders in training. Our baby and preschool version of Journey Kids takes place in the nursery wing, for infants through age 5.
The final Journey Kids for this school year will be on June 10. However, kids whose parents are in a Journey Group, are invited to hang out at Journey Kids Fun in the Gym for fun and games on June 17 & 24.
Parents, you can join our Facebook group to receive helpful resources from Pastor Kayleigh, search: Pearce Family Ministries.
Small Groups for teens (7th-12th grade) continue this Sunday at 10am in the teen area. Join us as we grow to look, live, and love like Jesus!
This Sunday, May 20, is our last Small Group for this school year. We’ll be off on Sunday, May 27, for Memorial Day, then on Sunday, June 3, all teens in 7th-12th grade are invited to Coffee with Kayleigh in Common Grounds Café at 10am.
Details on TNT (Tuesday Night Thing) events during the summer will be coming soon!
Follow us on Instagram and Snapchat (search: Pearce Teens).
Journey Groups are a great place to make new friends, grow, and be needed (KNOW, GROW, GO). Spring groups continue this Sunday; all groups meet at 10am, unless otherwise noted. All groups are open to anyone, you are welcome to join a group at any time!
- Hot Topics—Loving Like Jesus in Today’s World: Lead Guide, Matt Kerwin (Room 137)
- Ask It—How to Make Daily Choices: Lead Guide, Ron Follansbee (Room 134)
- Fear Not: Lead Guide, Dave Mantegna (Room 136)
- 12 Weeks in Philippians: Lead Guide, Bill Roushey (Room 141)
- A Journey Through Ephesians: Lead Guides, Rod Bassett and James Kerwin (Room 81—begins at 9:45am)
- The Power of Praying Together: Lead Guides, John & Darlene Kelly (Room 80)
- Women of the Bible: Lead Guide, Rick Kinde (Friendship Center)
Copies of the minutes from the April 2018 Official Board meeting are available to pick up at the atrium information kiosk.
In observance of Memorial Day, the church office and building will be closed on Monday, May 28.
Regular office hours (8am-5pm) resume on Tuesday, May 29.
Beginning Friday, June 1, through Friday, August 31, the church office will close at noon on Fridays.
Heart & Soul Community Church is hosting a benefit concert on Saturday, June 9, at 3pm. Like Heart & Soul Community Church on Facebook to stay informed. Tickets will be available soon!
As many of you will remember from the Town Meeting held earlier this year, the leadership team at Pearce has been dreaming and praying about what we have nicknamed “Project Supernova.” This project encompasses updates to the facility as well as the purchase of some needed resources to enable more welcoming, enjoyable and fruitful ministry at Pearce.
We considered this project to be comprised of three “pieces.” The first would include updates for the upper education wing hallway to be the new location for Journey Kids. The second would include updates to various rooms throughout the building to be places for Adult Journey groups, as well as meeting spaces. The third would include some needed technology and tools to help enable a smoother transition between worship services and enhance our capabilities with sound.
With these ideas in mind, the leadership team for the project comprised of Pastor Kayleigh, Pastor Jeremy, Kim Brittin and Julie Smith met with Honna Curtis as project manager to compile the brainstorming and number-crunching. Each piece of the project had several other staff and volunteers contributing ideas, gathering pricing information and helping to prioritize needs. When all was done, the total estimate for our collective dream, excluding the someday goal of a bathroom in the upper education wing, was approximately $73,000.
The Official Board reviewed the proposal, considered our cash balances, reserves and other upcoming projects and approved for $25,000 to be used for Project Supernova. These funds will cover the cost of:
- The entire $6,300 ask for the upper education wing plans for Journey Kids, again excluding any bathroom construction. This includes paint for all the classrooms and hallway, a sign for Journey Kids, a sign-in tablet and printer for nametags, hallway signage, a parent resource center, some furniture needs, décor, and more.
- $11,700 for meeting spaces/adult and teen Journey Group rooms. Whereas the initial proposal included new seating and some aesthetic updates, the $11,700 will still help with some more fundamental needs. This includes wiring several rooms, such as the Conference Room, Room 251, Parlor, and teen rooms so that technology will be more readily accessible. This also includes new paint in the Friendship Center and several teen rooms so that they are more suitable for meeting and small group use for different age groups. The largest cost of this piece is new carpet in the Friendship Center, a long-needed update in that room.
- $7,000 for some worship technology and tools. This will include the purchase of mixers and wireless in-ear monitors.
We plan to have these purchases and facility updates completed prior to fall kickoff weekend. There will be opportunities for volunteers to help us paint many of the rooms and areas in this project, so be sure to look for those times when you, your family, or small group might have a chance to serve together in this fun, exciting way!