Pearce is again joining with Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse. For 25 years, they have been collecting shoe boxes filled with gifts and delivering them to children in need all over the world. Beginning October 20 & 21, we’ll have shoe boxes available to pick up and return to Pearce filled with gifts. To get the shoe boxes ready for pick-up, we’re having a box making party on Monday, October 15, at 6:30pm in the main lobby, near the reception desk. The more people we have helping to assemble the boxes, the faster it will go. No need to sign up, just come to the lobby that night. Then, look for the table in the lobby on October 20 & 21 and pick up a box or two (or more!) to fill. You’ll be providing a very special gift to a child, and you will be blessed along the way, too. What a great way to serve our world! To learn more about Operation Christmas Child, visit https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
Have you noticed people wearing t-shirts with the new Pearce logo in services lately? Do you wish you had one, too? Now you can! If you’d like to order a Pearce t-shirt, email Kim Mantegna at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of shirts you’d like, and sizes. All sizes are unisex adult sizes, from XS-XXXL. Cost is $9 per shirt ($11 for XXL, $13 for XXXL). Imagine wearing that shirt out in the community—when someone asks about it, you can tell them about Pearce and invite them to church.
We find community in and through our Journey Groups, where we seek to live this out whether through a Sunday Class or a Small Group meeting during the week. You are invited to “Know, Grow, and Go” as we build life changing relationships with our God and one another! If you would like to find a group meeting during the week, contact Pastor Bill at email@example.com.
Sunday Morning Journey Groups, 10-10:50am at Pearce:
- Jeremiah & Lamentations: the prophet Jeremiah observed a potter at work molding a misshaped pot into one that seemed best to him. During this observation, the Lord spoke to Jeremiah, telling him that He could do in the life of Israel what the potter could do with a marred pot—shape it into what it was intended to be. The great news is that God’s message to Jeremiah rings true for us today. Join this study of the Old Testament books of Jeremiah and Lamentations using the Faith Connections Study Guide. (Rick Kinde, facilitator; Friendship Center)
- Bible Explorers: studying the book of Joshua and Joshua’s relevance to Christians (Bill Roushey, facilitator; Room 82)
- Son Seekers: studying Ephesians 4-6 and Titus, observing and applying God’s message to our lives through prayer, fellowship, and engaging conversations (Rod Bassett/James Kerwin, facilitators; Room 81)
- FOCUS: watching and discussing “Follow,” a video series with Andy Stanley—a transformational journey through the gospels as Andy traces Jesus’ teaching on what it means to follow-and prepare to see your faith radically changed (Shelly Bliss, facilitator; Room 251)
- 20-somethings: centered around the book, Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright; discussion will be grounded in the ideas of hope, heaven, and the mission of the church—outside reading is not required! (Matt Kerwin, facilitator; Loft B, teen area)
Kids’ Gym is an interactive play time for pre-school kids and their parent/caregiver. Kids’ Gym is held on Wednesdays at 10am in the Family Life Center and runs through May (following the Churchville-Chili school calendar).
Are you looking for safe and reliable transportation to medical appointments or to run other important errands? If so, WestSide Express may be the best option for you! WestSide Express is a not-for-profit, volunteer-based transportation service for residents living in the towns of Gates and Chili. This much-needed service is coordinated by Lifespan to help assist friends in the community to fulfill their appointment needs. If you would like to learn more about this wonderful agency or would like to arrange transportation, call WestSide Express at (585) 889-6104. Brochures are available at the Information Kiosk in the main lobby.
WestSide Express also has volunteer opportunities and is in need of volunteer drivers and dispatchers. Can you help? If you have a couple of hours a week, or even a couple of hours a month, consider being a volunteer driver. You can select your geographic area and the times you wish to drive. You will be provided training and supplemental liability insurance. To learn more, call Robert Jackson at Westside Express (889-6104). Once you decide to make a commitment to work as a volunteer, please email Sr. Anne Guerin at Lifespan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application and to register for training.
Morning Moms meets on Fridays at 9:30am in the Friendship Center. (Note: On Friday, October 5, Morning Moms will meet upstairs in the Teen Main Room.) This wonderful group of women come together to encourage one another and support each other as they embrace the adventure of motherhood. If you’re a mom, with kids of any age, we invite you to join us Friday mornings (following the Churchville Chili School District calendar). Invite a mom who could use a little encouragement to come with you, too! Contact Megan Hoose at 585-944-5684 to learn more.
Join us for dinner on Wednesdays this fall! You won’t have to cook, and you can meet some new friends, too. Dinner will be served each Wednesday, from 4:30-6:30pm in the Family Life Center. Registration is requested. Cost is $7 for adults ($7.50 at the door); $4 for children 11 and under; and free for children 4 and under. Beginning September 8 & 9, stop by the reception desk before/after church to make reservations or call by 5pm the Monday prior for reduced rate.
- September 12: Roast Top Round of Beef AuJus, Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
- September 19: Roast Turkey w/Trimmings, Grilled Hots/Sausages
- September 26: Roast Pork Loin w/Stuffing, Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- October 3: Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Make-your-own Tacos
- October 10: Baked Meatloaf with Onion Gravy, Macaroni & Cheese
- October 17: Virginia Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce, Sweet-n-Sou Chicken with Brown Rice
- October 24: Baked Chicken Parmigiana, Spaghetti & Meatballs
Two positions are open in our maintenance and custodial staff.
The first available position is a part-time cleaner, Monday-Friday (days may vary), from approximately 6-9pm. Weekend hours may also be needed, hours and need would vary. In general, this is an 8-15 hour/week position. Duties include cleaning and set-up/tear down of tables and chairs for ministry events and may also include snow shoveling or raking. This position is ideal for a high school or college student or a retiree.
The second available position is a full-time evening supervisor, to work with and oversee the evening and weekend cleaning crew. This is a staff position that would require some mechanical ability. Candidate must take ownership for set-up/tear down for events, schedule the staff, oversee all evening and weekend custodial staff, and be responsible to close and secure the building.
Interested persons should send their resume to Bob Antes at email@example.com. Call Bob at 585-594-9488 with questions.
Are you hungry for a fun and rewarding environment to volunteer? Consider Food Service Ministries here at Pearce. Here you can make new friends, learn new skills, and assist a vibrant ministry as we welcome and minister to the church family and our community. Duties may include set up, welcoming, decorating, assisting with the food cupboard and mobile pantry, preparation of food, serving a meal, and of course eating and cleaning up. All ages and skill levels are welcome. For more information, contact the church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great question—thank you for asking! Before the service, we ask our pastors to be in one of our many lobbies or in the sanctuary welcoming you to worship. After the service, we take a different approach in that we ask our pastors to tarry at the front of the sanctuary to meet with any wanting a pastoral conversation or prayer. Please pray with us that each of our services will be marked by the presence of our God of unfailing love.