As you may remember, we are undergoing several projects this summer and we wanted to let you know how they are going.
- The Boiler Project is replacing our two over-52-year-old large steam boilers in the lower level of our building. Both old boilers have be removed now so installation of the new ones can begin. We’re thankful we are able to fund this now as a planned project instead of a crisis situation when it’s cold outside.
- Project Supernova, as we have affectionately named it, includes painting and decorating the upper education wing so we are ready to welcome kids to our new Journey Kids wing this fall. We’re also updating paint, flooring, and technology in the Friendship Center and several other rooms to better accommodate our adult ministries. We’ve contracted out the Friendship Center painting and new carpeting will be installed soon. (While updating in the Friendship Center is happening this summer, the room will be closed to any events/ministry groups.) Painting in the Journey Kids rooms and hallway is comlpete…it’s looking more and more like a kids’ wing!
- Our new Food Cupboard is almost finished and ready for use. Due to several large cords running through the room that are necessary for the Boiler Project, we will continue our current model of having our volunteers pack food for our clients in the new location but will move to the client-choice model (allowing people to “shop” for what they need) once those cords (tripping hazards) are removed.
- We’re also in the process of designing a new website and logo that will be launched this fall.
Many exciting things are happening here over the summer months, and we appreciate your prayers that all the details would come together and that those working on the projects would have the energy to see them through with excitement.
Hey, teens in 7th-12th grade, it’s time for our summer TNTs! Check out the calendar below and parents, get your teens to these great events. We will meet at the various locations mentioned except for the Sea Breeze Trip and Letchworth trip – we will carpool to those. See you then! Questions? Contact Pastor Kayleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your faithful support of our food cupboard that allows us to provide families who are in need with food and personal care items throughout the year.
Current needs are canned green beans, instant potatoes, juice, and shampoo. Donations can be left in the shopping cart in our atrium at any time.
Financial donations are also accepted and used to purchase items and materials to sustain our cupboard.
In place of an offering moment during the service, we are utilizing Offering Boxes in our 11am Sunday Worship Service, as we do in our Saturday service. Two boxes are located just outside of the Sanctuary and one is in the balcony for people to place their offering and Connection Card as they leave the service. In addition to being able to leave checks/cash in the Offering Box, you may also choose to give via your smart phone using SmartGiving. Simply text “GIVE” to 585-617-0773 and follow the detailed instructional prompts. The first time will require a few extra steps as you enter your name and email address to create a giving account. If you have any questions, you may contact our Executive Administrator, Honna Curtis, at email@example.com.
Our Summer Message Series continues this weekend. Church should be more than just a building we gather in on the weekend; it should be something that can be done in our community. With that in mind, our summer series is titled “In the Name of Love,” and the staff at Pearce want to bring the messages to life. A hashtag has been developed that will be used to connect what is being shared on the weekends to actions in the community: #ABCLove. We ask that you post pictures to Facebook and Instagram using this hashtag. These pictures should represent actions that show love Among and Beyond Chili. The love of Christ is not just for people within our church, but for everybody. This is a direct and tangible way to reflect that!
Beginning June 9, our Saturday evening service will be moving to the Sanctuary for the summer.
Tuesday Morning Men’s Group Options:
- Meet at 6am at Town & Country Family Restaurant (Chili Avenue) to pray for each other. Contact: Dave Heimberger, 585-594-8234
- Gather in Room 137 (education wing) at 8:30am to pray for our nation. Contact: Miles Nelson, 585-617-3247
- A Bible study meets in Room 137 (education wing) at 9:15am each week. Contact: Rick Kinde, 585-594-9848
Here at Pearce, we are blessed to have a wonderful group of people who usher, direct traffic at our crosswalks and drop-off circle, and greet those arriving for services each week—and we are grateful for each them! However, we have many holes in our weekly schedules for both traffic safety and greeters. Would you consider serving in one of these areas, just one time every three months? You can even serve with a friend or family member! Training will be provided. If you would like to learn more about these opportunities, contact Joan Goulart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 594-9488.
As you plan your summer activities, remember Lighthouse Christian Camp located in Barker, NY on the beautiful shore of Lake Ontario. The camp is equipped with motel units, camp sites, and cabins. It is a safe place for children and families to enjoy. Contact the camp for information at 716-795-3216, email email@example.com, or visit lighthousechristiancamp.org. Below are some planned events that will be happening.
- Memorial Day weekend: May 26-28
- June Friday Night Dinner: June 8
- Father’s Day: June 17
- Family Camp: June 30-July 7
- July Friday night dinner: July 20
- Keen Kamp (over 50 crowd): July 22-27
- Empty Nesters: July 27-29
- Mexican Fiesta: August 4
- Getaway Camp: August 4-10
- Aug Friday Night Dinner: August 17
- Labor Day Weekend: September 1-3
- September Friday Night Dinner: September 14
- Customer Appreciation Weekend: September 14-16
- Fall Festival: October 6-8
We invite you to join us in our “Pray for One” initiative. As we awaken each morning, before our feet hit the floor, we are asking our God of unfailing love to show us one person that needs to know and see His love today. And as we launch into the adventure of the day, we keep listening to that still small voice to show us our opportunity to share His unfailing love. We look forward to hearing many stories of how the Lord is moving in our Pearce family.